In the world of digital consumerism where content is key, a huge amount of written content is being produced everyday by anybody and everybody who has writing aspirations, or financial need, or both. To keep in touch with the relentless demand from groups of clients, content writers with skills ranging from rudimentary to exhaustive are regularly putting up their fare for consumption in the content market.
However, in this demand-supply cycle what is often missed—crucially—is the quality of the content written. For clients to display the content written by a writer on their websites, the content needs to be at once arresting and informative—and yet, on several occasions, most websites fail to live up to this expectation of the viewers. For writers, it is often not possible—maybe due to lack of time, or knowledge—to ensure that their writing is of the quality demanded by the clients. This is precisely where the role of the content editor becomes important.
The content editor is one who not only goes through the written ‘copy’ to ensure that items like punctuation and grammar are improved. This is also the person who does the following:
• Ensures that the content has an interesting opening
• Ensures it has uniformity of presentation in terms of language, style and thought clarity
• Tightens the body of the content by removing the irrelevant and repetitive parts so that it is crisp yet informative
• Enhances the content by creating an element of excitement though positioning of words and ideas which grasps the viewer’s attention
• Ensures originality of content by checking for plagiarism
• Introduces SEO-friendly keywords or phrases to ensure top priority on search engines while keeping with the overall tone of the write up
While in the content market the services of content writers are available dime a dozen, top class content editors are difficult to find. Most content writing organizations, or even freelancing writers skip the step of getting their works evaluated by an editor, and yet this role is of extreme importance in the business of content development.
It is here where platforms like Content Mart address the existing lacuna—by offering content which has been edited thoroughly to the satisfaction of the clients. The platform has grabbed attention of the content community due to the broad range of content and also the quality of write ups it provides. Content editors, therefore, have much to benefit from their association with Content Mart, ensuring that the content offered to the clients is at par with the client’s requirements. Visiting the website to get a further idea about its functions might prove to become an interesting career opportunity for anyone with knowledge of writing and an eye for detail.